Students, the following links are designed to help you access important websites that you may need throughout the school year! There are links to each of the academic departments below!
Cyclones United Against Bullying
CENTRAL MIDDLE SCHOOL STANDS AGAINST BULLYING
- CMS is committed to creating a safe and positive environment in our school.
- Research supports 2 key factors in reducing bullying: easy and encouraged reporting and a focus on positive bystanders (students who speak up and speak out).
- Bullying is prohibited by our Student Handbook and the district’s Standards for Student Conduct.
CENTRAL MIDDLE SCHOOL EDUCATES TO PREVENT BULLYING
- Staff Training: All CMS staff members are trained in recognizing and preventing bullying and harassment.
- Handbook Talks: Administrators explain student expectations for appropriate behavior based on the Student Handbook.
- Bullying Lessons: Teachers and counselors deliver anti-bullying lessons in the classroom and groups; as well as shown how to report bullying.
POSITIVE INTERACTIONS ARE ENCOURAGED
- PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports): A research-based framework implemented at CMS to identify and support positive student behaviors.
- Student Recognition: We recognize and celebrate students who display positive peer interactions with awards like, “Cyclones United Spotlight” and “Outstanding Cyclones” each week.
- CyclONEnation: Class building and team building activities are used in our homerooms in order to promote positive peer interactions.
REPORTING BULLYING IS EASY
- CMS pledges to investigate and address each report of bullying.
- Students who report bullying will remain anonymous to other students involved.
- Bullying can be reported several ways:
- Tell a teacher, counselor, or administrator
- Fill out the Counselor Appointment Form and mark “Bullying Concern”
- Reach out to the Safe2Help hotline